Current Favorite Quote

I have gathered a posie of other men's flowers, and nothing but the thread that binds them is mine own.

John Bartlett



Saturday, December 18, 2010

New Thoughts

I have been thinking alought lately.  A few weeks at home recuperating will do that to you.  It is either that or staring numbly at daytime TV.  My current favorite quote that I changed today is about one of the realizations that I came to.  I can think endlessly for days and not come up with one new thought or idea.  No matter how hard a person  tries, or how intelligent, or learned they are, very few people today come up with a new idea.  We basically are taking thoughts that have been passed down through the ages, arranging them in new ways, and tying them up with our own peice of string or ribbon.
What has really struck me as I have read many other blogs and talked to some of my friends lately is that we basically all need and want the same things.  We need to feel safe and accepted.  We want to belong and to be loved.  We want to be healthy, to be able to pay our bills, to have fun, to feel valued, to be happy.......
Whether it be here in Idaho or elsewhere around the Globe, I think many are thinking the same things.  They are just using different words, expressing their thoughts in different ways, tying their little thought bouquets up with different colored ribbons.
I am going to try to stop focusing so much on the ribbons, and enjoy the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment